No hassle. Schedule a visit from Rose or request a free quote!
While there's not a preventative pest control product for bed bugs, there's a mentality and a partnership that can keep them from ever becoming a problem. If you suspect bed bug activity, don't hesitate to ask for help to be sure. Request a free inspection from a Rose pro today!
Bed Bug Prevention TipsRecommended by the National Pest Managment Association as bed bug best practices:
- Vacuum suitcases after returning from a vacation.
- Check your sheets for tell-tale blood spots the size of black pepper flecks.
- Bring a large plastic trashbag to keep your suitcase in during hotel stays, or keep it in the bathtub.
- Carry a small flashlight to make quick visual inspections.
- Never bring second-hand furniture, especially mattresses and box springs, into a home without thoroughly examining for signs of a bed bug infestation. You might consider having a pest control professional inspect the furniture as it is difficult to detect an infestation without training.
- Regularly inspect areas where pets sleep for signs of bed bugs.
- Eliminate clutter as best as you can to prevent hiding and breeding opportunities.
- Bed bugs are elusive creatures, so it is imperative to seek professional pest control assistance if you suspect a presence.
- If you have a bed bug infestation, consult a pest management professional before disposing of infested or previously treated furniture, clothing, or other items. Properly mark any items that will be disposed with clear notification of bed bug presence to prevent further spreading of the bed bugs.
- Although bed bugs are typically thought to be a household pest, they can hitchhike with people to their places of employment. Check seams of office chairs, crevices of desks, and report any suspicions to management.
- When shopping, using dressing rooms, or trying on clothing, inspect behind mirrors, under benches, look for tell-tale signs on clothing while in the store and upon returning home, immediately launder the clothing in hot water or steam/dry clean delicate items.