There’s no question that bed bugs are continuing to thrive in Chicagoland.
They’re not picky when it comes to where they get their blood meals. Apartment buildings, hotels, hospitals, movie theaters…they’re all potential habitats for these insect vampires. So, what happens if you become a bed bug’s next meal?
How do you even know where to start looking for bed bug exterminators in Chicago?
- Always deal with a qualified and licensed pest management company. Ask if they’re members of National Pest Management Alliance, NPMA, Quality Pro, and other state or local associations. (Don’t be afraid to ask for proof of these credentials!)
- If a large amount of money is involved for the work requested, get bids from multiple companies so you can compare scopes of service and price.
- Find out if the company has liability insurance.
- Buy value, not price. Be cautious of those that offer deals that sound way too good to be true. With bed bugs, scrutiny and thorough work is most important to ensure control.
- Before signing a contract, be sure to understand the agreement in its entirety. What is covered? What is the level of your unique infestation? What is involved in preparation for service?
- Beware of those that offer guarantees or complete erradication of bed bugs. Control of these insects requires a partnership between customer and pest management professional. This aligns with the philosophy of Integrated Pest Management (IPM).
Always work with an experienced company you can trust!