Mother Nature is really throwing us some curve balls this year. I’m sure you’ve heard how bugs in general are supposed to be bad once the warm weather is here to stay. Well, fleas are always bad during these months. Do you know how to prevent them? We do. And not only are we awesome flea exterminators, but we’re gonna share some tips with you.
This is a flea.
(It’s super blown up. Not actual real life-sized. That would be terrifying!)
- Fleas are parasites that feast on warm-blooded mammals. (This includes humans!)
- They were the cause of the Bubonic Plague during the Middle Ages.
- The flea can transmit a bacterial disease, murine typhus.
- Bites are itchy, painful red bumps.
- Fleas hitch rides easily on mammals, including rodents.
- Clean and vacuum frequently to remove populations and discourage egg laying.
- Keep your yard well-groomed. If you don’t, you’ll create hiding spots for fleas and food sources for rodents, which harbor fleas.
- If you have a rodent problem in your home or on your property, call a professional to fix that. Fleas will be likely if you don’t.
- Keep your pets leashed outside. This will prevent curious furry roaming and potential flea hitchhiking.
- Bathe and groom your pets regulary, take them to the vet annually, and get them on Frontline prevention for fleas and ticks. They’ll love you even more!
Too Late? Already got fleas?
Good thing we’re awesome flea exterminators!
Call us. Or fill out our Request a Quote form so we can help you!