In attempt to prevent the spread of an invasive species of insect, known as the brown marmorated stink bug, Australia’s Department of Agriculture has released emergency regulations for shipments to be fumigated prior to arrival in their country.
Containerized Shipment Fumigation Requirements
Effective February 23rd, 2015, all cargo departing the US is required to be fumigated prior to shipping to Australia. These mandatory Australia fumigation requirements are extended to ALL US PORTS beginning March 9th, 2015 forward.
Types of cargo effected:
- automotive parts
- break bulk containers
- Must be treated prior to shipping
- Must have certificate of efficacy, specifying treatment completion
- Must pass on-arrival inspection as determined by the Australian Department of Agriculture
Mandatory treatments MUST BE applied to:
- all break bulk vehicles (including boats), machinery, automotive parts within 72 hours prior to loading
- containerized shipments of vehicles (including boats), machinery, automotive parts, and tires within 21 days prior to shipment providing containers are immediately sealed and arrive in Australia “seals intact”.
These emergency Australian fumigation measures will be in place until at least the end of April 2015.
Rose will ensure your shipment is in compliance
Our fumigation services will make complying with these regulations as easy as possible. Our convenient fumigation site is located at O’Hare Airport Chicago (building 510 on the corner of Spine Road and Old Cargo Road just off of Mannheim Road).
These are the benefits of having your pre-shipment fumigation done by Rose Pest Solutions:
- Customs and Border patrol (CBP) complaint site located at O’Hare Airport
- Both Meth-O Bromide and Sulfuryl Fluoride fumigates available
- Proof of fumigation certificate issued at time of product release
- Have done fumigations for Australia, South America, All of Europe, Asia, Canada, Israel, South Africa and many other countries
- Local Transporter available
- Multiple containers can be fumigated at the same time
*A call to schedule the service or quote request is required for all fumigation services.