The air is shifting and us Midwesterners know that seasons are changing bringing new temperatures and pests to complain about. Much like us, spiders, mice, ants, and cockroaches have also learned to battle the indecisive weather. Rose Pest Solutions has tips to help you keep uninvited fall pests out of your home.The leaves haven’t started to change and drop just yet, but once they do, there will be many critters seeking new places for refuge. Rose Pest Solutions has put together a list of top-tips for making your home less inviting to unwanted inhabitants. Think fond thoughts of fall-like fuzzy socks and crock-pots instead of flies, rats, and mouse traps.
A little fall pest-preparation will reduce the risks of having to battle pests during the cold winter months. Cockroaches and rodents cause more than property damage, these pest are also capable of spreading diseases and causing food contamination.
Follow these tips from The National Pest Management Association (NPMA) to help minimize the threats that these pests could reek on your home and your health:
- Screen attic vents, openings to chimneys and any other areas that are open to the outdoors, like mail slots and animal doors.
- Keep basements, attics and crawl spaces well ventilated and dry. Consider using a dehumidifier in these areas.
- Keep kitchen counters clean, store food in airtight containers and dispose of garbage regularly in sealed receptacles.
- Replace weather-stripping and repair lose mortar around the foundation and windows.
- Inspect boxes of decorations, package deliveries and grocery bags for pest damage before bringing them indoors.
- Avoid leaving pets’ food dishes our for long periods or time.
- Contact a licensed pest control professional if an infestation is suspected.
A program like Rose’s Healthy Home Maintenance Program ensures that your home is protected 365 days a year from all the pests listed on the chart below.
Rose’s Healthy Home Maintenance Plus Sentricon adds termites to the list above for total home protection you need and the peace of mind you deserve.
Some pests breed quickly, meaning signs one day could quickly turn into an infestation. Remember, Rose Pest Solutions is just a call away. 800-GOT-PESTS.