We are two months into the new year, and while some of us have already found alternative functions for exercise equipment we never plan on touching again, others are still chugging along on new year goals set with starry eyes for December. To help guarantee the restful sleep you need to accomplish your goals, Rose Pest Solutions reminds homeowners the value of staying committed to pest-proofing throughout the whole year.
Don’t Let Pests Get Comfortable
“Many people may think that pest proofing is only necessary in the warmer weather, when pests like mosquitoes and ticks are out, but that’s simply not the case,” said Janelle Iaccino, Rose Pest Solutions’ Marketing Director. “Different hazardous insects and rodents rear their heads every season, and it’s up to homeowners to prepare their homes with avid pest-proofing ahead of every season’s change to protect both their properties and health.”
To ensure that your pest-proofing is up to code, Rose Pest Solutions has listed the following tips from the National Pest Management Association (NMPA):
- Store holiday decoration properly: Boxes of decor can be great nesting spots for pests, so be sure to seal up all decorations in tight, impenetrable containers until next year.
- Maintain a clean kitchen: Pests are enticed by food sources, so regularly wiping down the kitchen and ensuring all food is stored in sealed containers is crucial to avoid drawing pests’ attention to the home.
- Seal any gaps: Many pests can fit through small cracks or crevices in the home, making it important to use sealing materials like caulk to close off any entry points.
- Store firewood properly: Woodpiles can e an attractive home to many pests and should therefore be stored at least 20 feet away from the home an thoroughly examined before bringing in doors.
- Be mindful of the home’s exterior: Remove any nearby debris or leaves that could serve as shelter for pests or create a source of standing water for pests to quench their thirst.
- Partner with Rose Pest Solutions for proper, ongoing maintenance.
If you’ve done everything you can but those boogers just keep getting in, consider looking into our Healthy Home Maintenance Program (HHMP) for a permanent answer to keeping your home pest-free 365 days a year.