Rodent Awareness Week: How to Keep Rodents Out
October 18th-24th is Rodent Awareness week. So, we will be sharing an array of rodent facts, photos, and tips on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. As your neighborhood experts, Rose Pest Solutions has the information you need to keep rodents out and get your home ready for the season.
Got rodent issues? You’re not the only one. This July, Advanced Symbolics Inc. conducted a study that showed that 11 million online engagements took place on the topic of rodents disrupting your homes’ health. From the same research, a 16 percent increase in rodent sightings was also reveled. The National Pest Management Association (NPMA) and Rose Pest Solutions want to make sure that you have all the Rodent Awareness Week information you need to keep rodents out of your home.
Lucky for you, Rose Pest Solutions has been protecting the Chicagoland area since 1860, warding off mice, rats, bugs, you name it! Operating for over a century, we’ve had the time to hire the best team to deliver the best solutions. A little fall pest-prep work can go a long way in ensuring that your home is pest-proof for the winter. Take a look at the infographic below for tips on signs of rodents in your home, how to get rid of rodents, and preventive measures you can take to keep your home rodent-free.
Protect Your Home From Rodents
The infographic below identifies the key signs of a rodent infestation in progress along with a few proactive tips.
Keep Rodents Out
In addition to the tips on the infographic above, we also have a few additional points of rodent interest listed in the tips below:
- Seal any cracks or crevices with an appropriate sealant, paying close attention to where utilities and pipes entire the home
- Replace loose mortar and weather stripping around the basement foundation and windows
- Keep basements and attics clean and dry and store boxes off of the floor
- Screen all vents, windows, doors and chimneys
- Store firewood at least 20 feet from the home and five feet off the ground
- Keep shrubbery and tree branches cut back from the house
- Eliminate all moisture sites around the home, including leaking pipes and clogged drains
- Store food in airtight containers and dispose of garbage outdoors regularly
- Contact a licensed pest control professional if an infestation is suspected
Looking for a pest solution that will keep your home protected all year long? We have you covered, with our Healthy Home Maintenance Program (HHMP) We’ll keep you protected from rats, mice, and 10+ more common invaders. With the HHMP, you receive four scheduled visits, once every three months, and any issues you have between visits are handled free of charge. Rose Pest Solutions, the protection you need and peace of mind you deserve.