Protect What Matters Most With Residential Termite Inspections
Termites are often referred to as “silent destroyers” because you can’t always see their colonies or damage. However, they’re responsible for more damage to homes each year than tornadoes, fires, and earthquakes combined. And your homeowner’s insurance policy may not even cover damage if your house gets hit by these insects. Get smart. Protect your most significant investment with termite control services from Rose Pest Solutions. Based in Northfield, we offer termite control across Illinois, Wisconsin, and elsewhere in the Midwest.
Our company also provides termite inspections for home sales, refinances, VA loans, and peace of mind. All necessary documentation is included. As a bonus to our ongoing Healthy Home Maintenance Program customers, we provide complimentary termite risk assessments to ensure your home is protected. Reach out to our team today for more details.
Tell Us About Your Pest
We can diagnose the problem and get you serviced right away!
Send us a message and describe your issue. We’ll respond same day for urgent matters and within 1-business day for everything else.
What Are Termites? Are There Different Types of Termites?
Termites are insects that feed on cellulose and dead plant material, both of which are found in the average home construction. Termites are similar to flying ants in appearance, although their wings are roughly equal in length and they have straight antennae. (Not all ants with wings are termites. Flying ants usually have bent antennae and front wings that are longer than their hind wings.) Termites thrive in colonies and can breed quickly, with some termite queens laying millions of eggs per year. Termites can be found in every U.S. state except Alaska, and there are over 50 known species. However, Midwest homeowners mainly need to worry about these two types of termites:
- Subterranean Termites – Subterranean termites nest underground and travel to the surface to feed on your home’s wood structure. The most common type of termite found in the United States, subterranean termites are usually small and either dark brown or black. The workers can be cream-colored. Subterranean termites are most likely to swarm during the spring or summer months, usually after heavy rainfall.
- Dry Wood Termites – Dry wood termites nest directly in wood, such as the dry wood found in your home’s construction. They’re most commonly found in the Southeastern, Southwestern, and Western United States and Hawaii. Dry wood termites can infest your attic, the structural timber inside your walls, or even a piece of wooden furniture. They’re larger than subterranean termites and tend to swarm at night. Dry wood termites are usually light brown or cream-white.
A Trusted Leader in Termite Removal/Extermination Services
Although termites are most commonly a pest during warm, wet seasons, they can be a year-round threat to your home’s safety. Rose Pest Solutions’ termite control services give Midwest property owners protection and peace of mind. Our service starts with a thorough termite inspection followed by the application of trusted termite treatments, including the following:
- Sentricon Colony Elimination System – Sentricon is Corteva’s proven termite colony elimination system. This termite treatment is completely green to rid your property of termites if you already have them. It also does a stellar job at preventing termite infestations with the same genius baiting complex that continues to protect your property as long as it’s in the ground. It’s discreet, environmentally responsible, guaranteed, and available to you by our expert authorized operators as part of our Healthy Home Maintenance Program Plus (HHMP+).
- Termidor – Termidor is one of America’s top choices for conventional termite treatments. Our staff experts are specifically trained to use this product to eliminate termite colonies. It’s been used for years around exterior perimeters, and it clings to the soil to kill termites. Termites don’t know it’s there and are eliminated by eating material treated with Termidor, as well as by the transfer of the ingested material from other termites in the colony.
What Are Warning Signs You May Have a Termite Infestation?
Nobody enjoys discovering they have a termite infestation after severe damage has been done to their home. Here are some common warning signs you could have termite activity on your property:
- Mud tubes around baseboards, beneath flooring, or behind siding (drinking straw width)
- Discarded termite wings after swarming
- Swarming or dead termites surrounding your home’s foundation
- Termite droppings (they look like sawdust, salt, pepper, or coffee grounds)
- Hollowed or damaged wood with a honeycomb appearance
- Blisters or dark areas in your wood flooring
- Discolored, drooping, or damaged drywall
- Peeling, bubbling, or cracked paint (similar to water damage)
Why Choose Rose Pest Solutions’ Experienced Termite Solutions?
Whether you’re a homeowner, landlord, or property manager, you must find termite treatments that are right for you, your tenants, and your property. Rose Pest Solutions goes the extra mile to bring you clean, eco-friendly pest control. We only use pest control products according to their labels, which are regulated by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and manufactured for use in sensitive environments. We’re more than just your average termite exterminator. We’re pest management professionals licensed by the Departments of Public Health and Agriculture to protect you from health risks and ensure you remain in regulatory compliance. Established in 1860, our family-run company takes an integrated pest management approach to address pest issues at their root. We’ll work with your crews to create a healthier, sustainable environment. Whatever your pest issue, we’ll find the best means to help you.
Learn more about Termidor
- Formulated with your family and the environment in mind
- Applied by knowledgeable, specially trained experts
- Product is backed by its manufacturer
Heed These Termite Prevention Tips From Our Termite Company
Your best defense against termites is to be vigilant about termite prevention measures. Be sure to fix leaking pipes and faucets and take care of any roofing moisture issues right away. Ensure your home’s windows, doors, and vents are properly sealed to prevent moisture. Trim any trees or bushes growing near your home and keep woodpiles away from your house. Caulk cracks in your cement foundation and reduce other entry points to your home’s structure. Have your home inspected for termites periodically to ensure you don’t have an established termite colony. Our most popular residential pest control plan at Rose Pest Solutions protects against crawling, flying, and stinging insects. Relying on our expert termite inspections is the best way to protect your home and get peace of mind 365 days a year!
Health-Conscious Pest Control
As a homeowner, landlord or property manager, you have to find termite solutions that are right for you, your tenants and your property. We go the extra mile to bring you clean, eco-friendly pest control.
Green and Clean
All of our pest control products are heavily regulated by the EPA. They’re manufactured to be used in sensitive environments such as areas where pets or children play. That’s peace of mind your tenants need.
Whomever you decide to work with, inquire about the products being used to eliminate your pests and ensure they are safe for the people in your property. We do what it takes to protect what matters to you.
Health and Safety Professionals
Your residents don’t want exterminators. We’re pest management professionals, licensed by the Department of Public Health and the Department of Agriculture, with countless hours of training and a whole lot of certifications. That’s peace of mind for anyone in your buildings.
Our job is to protect against health risks and keep you in regulatory compliance.
We Solve the Root, Not Spray the Symptom
No building wants a sign reading “Spraying Next Week”. That’s why we use an integrated pest management methodology. This means we attempt to solve problems at the root, by using means other than a spray solution, even though our solutions are EPA approved.
We’ll work with your crews to create a healthier, sustainable environment. Whatever your issue, we’ll find the best means to safely eliminate it.
Safe For Your Family and Business
We’re licensed, trained, and certified by the Departments of Public Health and Agriculture, using safe, EPA-regulated materials, always.
Attacking Infestations at the Root
We don’t come in spraying. We evaluate the root of your problem, and recommend and enact pre-emptive measures before any chemicals are used.
Assessments Before Any Contracts
Our Customer Care Center walks you through every service, every charge, and every solution before you agree to anything. Our commitment is to you.