As the seasons change and the cooler weather begins to set in around the Midwest, homeowners need to start thinking about rodents as opposed to flying insects. Like the rest of us, rodents are looking for somewhere warm and comforting to spend the winter, but that doesn’t mean you need to share your home with them during the colder seasons with our rodent control services.
Signs of Mice in the House
According to the National Pest Management Association (NPMA), there are plenty of signs that you should be aware of that can indicate rodents might be present in the home.
• Droppings. Typically left behind in kitchen cabinets and pantries, along walls, on top of wall studs or beams, near nests, and in boxes, bags, old furniture and other objects.
• Noises. Rodents often make scurrying sounds, especially at night as they move about and nest.
• Gnaw marks. Newly gnawed areas tend to be rough to the touch and are light in color.
• Tracks/footprints. These along with tail marks are easily found in areas where rodents travel.
• Burrows. Inside, rodents often nest in various materials such as insulation, and they prefer nesting areas that are dark and secluded.
• Damaged food packages. Mice prefer seeds or cereals while Norway rats prefer meat, fish and dry dog food.
If you’re worried about rodents sharing your space during the holiday season you can also contact Rose for new service or as part of an existing Healthy Home Maintenance plan.
Learn more about House Mice, Deer Mice, Norway Rats and Roof Rats by downloading these Rodent Pest ID Cards.
Safe For Your Family and Business
We're licensed, trained, and certified by the Departments of Public Health and Agriculture, using safe, EPA-regulated materials, always.
Attacking Infestations at the Root
We don't come in spraying. We evaluate the root of your problem, and recommend and enact pre-emptive measures before any chemicals are used.
Assessments Before Any Contracts
Our Customer Care Center walks you through every service, every charge, and every solution before you agree to anything. Our commitment is to you.