As a result of numerous interceptions of the brown marmorated stink bug coming into Australia, the Australian Department of Agriculture has released new pre-shipment fumigation requirements for all shipments, including break bulk, containerized vehicles, boats, machinery, automotive parts and tires moving from the United States into Australia.
Australia Fumigation Requirements
Effective February 23rd, 2015, all cargo departing the US is required to be fumigated prior to shipping to Australia. This mandatory requirement is extended to ALL US PORTS beginning March 9th, 2015 forward.
Types of cargo effected:
- automotive parts
- break bulk containers
- Must be treated prior to shipping
- Must have certificate of efficacy, specifying treatment completion
- Must pass on-arrival inspection as determined by the Australian Department of Agriculture
Mandatory treatments MUST BE applied to:
- all break bulk vehicles (including boats), machinery, automotive parts within 72 hours prior to loading
- containerized shipments of vehicles (including boats), machinery, automotive parts, and tires within 21 days prior to shipment providing containers are immediately sealed and arrive in Australia “seals intact”.
These emergency measures will be in place until at least the end of April 2015.
Our Container Fumigation Services
Rose is proud to offer container fumigation services in compliance with these recent Australia Shipment Fumigation emergency regulations. There are several benefits to partnering up with Rose in order to be compliant with these regulations.
- Customs and Border patrol (CBP) complaint site located at O’Hare Airport
- Both Meth-O Bromide and Sulfuryl Fluoride fumigates available
- Proof of fumigation certificate issued at time of product release
- We have done fumigations for Australia, South America, All of Europe, Asia, Canada, Israel, South Africa and many other countries
- Local Transporter available
- Multiple containers can be fumigated at the same time
Our convenient drop off is located at O’Hare Airport Chicago
(building 510 on the corner of Spine Road and Old Cargo Road just off of Mannheim Road)
*Prior to dropping off items for fumigation, a call to schedule the service or quote request is required.