Winter is officially here. We’re seeking cozy slippers, comfort foods, and warm atmospheres to help get us through the cold dark days. As you stock up your winter snacks, Rose Pest Solutions lends you some important tips for keeping pests out of your home. Read on for more information to help you ease into winter, pest-free.
The Holiday Wrap-Up
The height of Christmas shopping and New Year countdowns is over. As you entertain guests this season, be sure that your home is protected from unwanted pests. Rose Pest Solutions will make you to make sure that measures are in order to make it through without pests.
Avoiding Seasonal Pests
Hopefully you survived the holiday without infesting your home with natural pine wood. As you pack up decorations and prepare for the colder weather now is a great time to pest proof. To ensure that your pest-proofing is up to code, Rose Pest Solutions has listed the following tips from the National Pest Management Association (NMPA):
- Store holiday decoration properly: Boxes of decor can be great nesting spots for pests, so be sure to seal up all decorations in tight, impenetrable containers until next year.
- Maintain a clean kitchen: Pests are enticed by food sources, so regularly wiping down the kitchen and ensuring all food is stored in sealed containers is crucial to avoid drawing pests’ attention to the home.
- Seal any gaps: Many pests can fit through small cracks or crevices in the home, making it important to use sealing materials like caulk to close off any entry points.
- Store firewood properly: Woodpiles can be an attractive home to many pests and should therefore be stored at least 20 feet away from the home an thoroughly examined before bringing in doors.
- Be mindful of the home’s exterior: Remove any nearby debris or leaves that could serve as shelter for pests or create a source of standing water for pests to quench their thirst.
- Partner with Rose Pest Solutions for proper, ongoing maintenance.
TOTAL PROTECTION IS AN OPTION
If you’ve done everything you can but those boogers just keep getting in, consider looking into our Healthy Home Maintenance Program (HHMP) for a permanent answer to keeping your home pest-free 365 days a year. To get a free quote for the HHMP or connect with us on social media with the buttons on the bottom of this page.
Click the button below for our seasonal Pest Gazette for more information on winter pests that may be taking up real-estate in your home.