The birds are chirping like crazy, the trees are budding, and tulips and daffodils are popping up all over. All signs point to spring! As you prepare your house to open up to warmer weather, pay close attention to signs of pests. Rose Pest Solutions has tips to help you pest proof while spring cleaning.Rose knows that even the cleanest of homes still fall victim to pests-combine your spring cleaning with pest-proofing so you can welcome season changes at ease.
“The warmer weather often leads to greater pest activity, so homeowners shouldn’t be surprised if they start to notice more ants, termites, cockroaches and other pests in and around their homes as the season progress,” said Janelle Iacccino, from Rose Pest Solutions. “Practicing good sanitation and proper upkeep in the home are essential steps in protecting against the health and property threats posed by these common springtime pests, which is why we encourage homeowners to consider preventive pest control in between wiping down the windows and changing the sheets.”
Keep Pests Away This Spring
Rose Pest Solutions and the National Pest Management Association (NPMA) have put together the following spring cleaning tips to help you stay healthy and protected:
- Seal up cracks and small openings along the foundation of the house.
- Clean out clogged gutters and downsprouts to ensure they are properly functioning.
- Repair loose mortar and replace worn weather-stripping around all windows and doors.
- Screen window and doors.
- Cut back tree branches and other plants from the house.
- Keep kitchens clean by wiping down counters, sinks, floors and shelves.
- Store food in airtight containers clean and sealed, both indoors and outdoors.
- Empty the garbage frequently.
- Eliminate sources of moisture or standing water from leaky pipes or faucets.
Eliminating entry points and food sources are great first steps in alleviating pest problems. If you find while pest-proofing that you need some additional help contact us at Rose Pest Solutions.