2021: Looking Towards the Future
2020 shook our world in ways we never saw coming. We survived national disasters, political strife, racial unrest, Joe Exotic, and murder hornets! In many ways 2020 seemed like a poorly written sci-fi pilot that we hope fades away swifter than a bad haircut. One of the greatest challenges of the pandemic was its demand to adapt. Much to be expected, changes in our day-to-day lifestyles had a ripple effect on the pest world. As houseflies received their 15 minutes of political fame, cannibalistic rats ran the empty streets of New Orleans. Let’s hope the pest climate doesn’t get crazier than it already is! If it does, we’ll be ready. Rose will continue protecting health in 2021.
Essential Workers Rise to Duty
While some of us stayed home mourning canceled plans, essential heroes rose to fulfill their promised duties of servitude. In a time full of uncertainty and fear, we would like to honor those that kept our vital businesses open: Healthcare facilities, grocery store workers, maintenance crews, and more. The pandemic really put a spotlight on what we deem necessary. For Rose Pest Solutions, health is our first priority. Rose Pest Solutions has been at the forefront of the pandemic since day one. Being essential guardians of public health and our environment, our doors have remained open and our staff has been hard at work to serve our community. To help local businesses stay safe and healthy, we’ve even added Virus Sanitation Solutions to our menu of services.
Using the latest technology available, we invest time, hard work and continuous education to assure that those we serve maintain good health. While working to help neutralize the threat of COVID-19, we have also maintained our day-to-day efforts of protecting homes from everyday pests. There’s enough to worry about in the outside world. Now more than ever, your home needs to be your safe bubble. It should be a healthy, safe place away from pest- or virus-related health threats.
Keep Pests Out of Your New Year
Start your new year off, right. Below you will find some helpful tips from NPMA (National Pest Management Association) that will get you started in the right direction.
- Store holiday decorations properly: Opt for plastic containers with tight-fitting lids to keep pests from infesting decor while in storage.
- Keep your kitchen clean: Wipe down counters after cooking to clear them of crumbs and food debris. Dispose of garbage regularly and store food in airtight containers to prevent pest entry.
- Seal gaps in windows and doors: Install door sweeps and seal any gaps on exterior doors. Be sure to also seal any cracks and crevices on the outside of the home, including areas where utilities and pipes enter.
- Properly store firewood: Keep it at least 20 feet away from the home and five feet off of the ground to avoid attracting pests.
- Manicure your yard: Remove any dead bushes, branches and fallen leaves from the yard that could act as shelter for rodents, ticks and other pests.
- Eliminate moisture build-up: Repair leaking faucets or pipes and divert water away from the house with functioning downspouts and gutters to eliminate moisture, as this can attract pests.
We’re here to help you maintain a happy, healthy, pest-free home. For protection you need all year ’round, and peace of mind you deserve, contact us today. 800-GOT-PESTS? Our dedicated team is only a call or click away!