Keep Fall Pests Out!
The season will be changing soon. The hot, bright, summer nights will be replaced with early dusk and sweater weather. As Fall sets in and temperatures drop, fall pests will begin to seek shelter inside the structures of homes and businesses. Don’t let a pest invasion happen to you! Rose Pest Solutions teaches you the top 5 steps to stop pests from moving in. By the end of reading this you will know who the common fall invaders are and what to do to keep fall pests out.
What’s Up with Stink Bugs?
Brown Marmorated Stink Bugs will be back with a vengeance this fall, entering homes and buildings through cracks under windows, baseboards and sliding glass doors. This is an extreme close-up just prior to it slipping indoors. But why? Where did these things come from?! They’re an invasive crop species that came to the U.S. in shipments from other countries. And they’re slowly sweeping across the U.S. from the Northeast corner of the country, where they were initially introduced. Stink bugs are not just annoying, but they’re a smelly nuisance and can cause damage if given the chance to invade interior spaces.
Top 5 Common Fall Invaders
Below are some of the top fall invaders looking to overwinter in your home. Click on the pest to learn more information on how to identify them.
|Stink Bug||Boxelder bug||House Spider||Mouse||Ants|
Top 5 Tips on Keeping Fall Pests Out
Follow these tips from The National Pest Management Association (NPMA) to help minimize the threats that these pests could reek on your home and your health:
- Screen attic vents, openings to chimneys and any other areas that are open to the outdoors, like mail slots and animal doors.
- Keep basements, attics and crawl spaces well ventilated and dry. Consider using a dehumidifier in these areas.
- Keep kitchen counters clean, store food in airtight containers and dispose of garbage regularly in sealed receptacles.
- Replace weather-stripping and repair lose mortar around the foundation and windows.
- Inspect boxes of decorations, package deliveries and grocery bags for pest damage before bringing them indoors.
We Can Get Rid of Your Fall Pests
Check out our Integrated Pest Management Program to learn more about the steps we take to meet your individual needs and the skills we teach to help you maintain a happy, healthy, pest-free home. All the pests mentioned in this post are covered by our Healthy Home Maintenance Program. For protection you need all year ’round, and peace of mind you deserve, contact us today. Our professional crew is only a phone call away. 800-GOT-PESTS?. A program like Rose’s Healthy Home Maintenance Program ensures that your home is protected 365 days a year from all the pests listed on the chart below.